Saturday, October 24, 2009

coincidence? i think not.


nothing in my life is a coincidence. the hardships I encounter, the trials I overcome. not the battles I still struggle with, both the people I meet and the people I dismiss from my life. not the feelings I feel not the how i speak, walk.. or smile. who a love? not a coincidence.. nor who I forgive and who forgives me...


however, I remember one time I was sitting in the OutBack Restaurant and this round Hispanic woman with long hair snatched back to the nape of her neck and falling mid-way down her back looked at me, and asked me "Do you know Jesus loves you?" I ignored her. if she only knew the things I'd been going through at home at the time she wouldn't have attempted to feed my such a cliche line that I've read on millions of head scarves and on the bumpers of cars. sigh. but she wouldn't leave me alone. she kept insisting and repeatedly asking me if I believed it was so. that Jesus loved me. i told her no and walked away. i was 8 then. throughout my life [even to this day] God would send messengers to let me know he hasn't forgotten about me. but it would all a matter of me acknowledging what He is doing.


when i look back over my life, and i think things over, man... He really does love me. and is still molding me. nothing on Earth is a finished product and I know He isn't finished with me yet. I'd be telling a lie if I said i wasn't scared a little bit of what may come to pass in my life as I had when i originally recorded this thought on FB in 2007. but i must say, I am feeling encouraged by some folks that have come my way in my life so far... encouraged that although am in my mess! I get another chance every time He awakes me. I realize His awesomeness.


everything is written, and nothing in my life is a coincidence.


No comments: